Tamiya 1/48 British Crusader Tank
In the 1930’s, a British mission observed the field maneuvers of the Russian army and were impressed by the performance of some of their tanks, which were influenced by the designs of American Walter Christie. The British decided to develop their own fast cruiser tank for their army and their efforts eventually resulted in the Crusader.
When it entered operational service in 1941 as part of Operation Battleaxe in North Africa, the Crusader was found to be faster than its German counterparts, but had a less powerful gun, thinner armor, and was less reliable. Nevertheless, it served well as a battle tank until replaced by newer designs.1950’s.
- High quality 1/48 scale assembly model kit can be built to depict Crusader Mk.I or Mk.II.
- Differences in turret details between the two variants such as machine gun turret and front panel meticulously replicated.
- Die-cast chassis for added weight and realism.
- Tank treads are assembly type, with the upper section featuring realistic sag effect.
- Markings for 3 different tanks included.
- Item #32541
- MSRP: $33.00 USD.
Here is another addition to our 1/48 Tamiya Military Miniatures. Here is the 1/48 British Crusader kit # 32541. As with most of the kits from this line, it comes with a die-cast lower hull to add some weight. The parts count is kept to a minimum yet they keep great detail even for the scale.
The figure shown here is not included with the kit. The commander IS available separate in Tamiya’s British Infantry Set (European Campaign) kit #32526.