Thank you for viewing the attached photos of my re-issued 1/35th scale Revell/Italeri M7 Priest. This is about the 3rd Priest I have build as I have another version of the British 25Lb’er Howitzer in desert scheme as one of the versions. Also you can see the Academy M18 Hellcat and the Italeri Elephant. Additonally I have include my AFV Club Dodge Weapons Carrier.
I have been building all sorts of scale models since the 1950s and now at 62 I have had the chance to retire and establish a “Hobbies in a Barn“ Facebook page that I update occassionally for showing off all of my work. This is also a place to build and paint custom ordered kits that demanding hobby enthusiasts would want to have but have little time.
Some of the tricks I have learned over many years are as follows;
- Painting with acrylic craft paints which match any military color and are water mix and cleanup.
- Using a hand hairdryer set on LOW heat that works to set the acrylic paint to an almost indestructable finish.
- Diorama bases made from recycled rubber products in the shape of stepping stones.
- Simple weathering techniques as seen on the photos of the Priest and figures.
- Various lighting techniques using my Nikon D40.