Squadron Models 1/72 Haunebu II – German Flying Saucer – SQM0001
MMd Squadron offers us a very interesting subject of a futuristic Luftwaffe aircraft, the Haunebu II German Flying saucer.This comes in a very big box full of parts, 125 parts in total. The Kit finished will measure around 14 inches across, a big kit having in mind its only 1/72 in scale. The instruction pages are in color and in a very easy to follow steps and includes a brief history on this Infamous WWII project lead by the Luftwaffe. Squadron did his assignment giving a lot of thinking in the details, the kit show many rivets in different sizes, fitting look pretty neat, interior cabin show some seats and control panels somewhat simplified. A crew should be a new add-on for this section, and a PE Upgrade should improve the looks, even a light and sound kit too. The landing gear consist of 4 set, wheels are ok but might need a upgrade from resin wheel to show weight, and for the gun turrets, some metal gun barrel won’t hurt.The decal sheet is printed by Cartograf and provides a nice selection of insignia and numbering from one to five. Overall this kit will build to beautiful work to be shown on a Furniture, stand alone or in a diorama. Nice work from Squadron, we hope to see more relates kits in a future.
- Newly tooled plastic model kit premiere from Squadron Models of the infamous German WWII Haunebu II project. This historic kit is a 1/72nd scale model of one of the most top secret projects of Hitler’s Germany. You may also like Haunebu II Paint Set
- It includes 125 total parts with complete detailed interior featuring three main operating consoles and nine crew seats, graded floor, electro-magnetic conductor, incredible three piece upper exterior detail and forward bunker housing.
- Two piece bottom disc, incorporating a fully retractable entrance ramp with extension. The kit also features a main turret with detachable (if desired) roof, housing 2 x 110mm canon.
- Also featured in the kit is detailed landing gear with the choice of being closed or extended, 4 rotating ball turrets each displaying 2 x 80mm guns and 1 clear sprue with injection molded windows.
- State of the art Instruction Manual with full color profile and painting guide.
- Decals by Cartograph. Brief history of the Hannebu II also incorporated into the booklet. Packaged in a deluxe box with protective sleeve including original artwork suitable for framing.
- Setting a new standard in plastic model kits, this the very first kit from Squadron Models – Helping History Take Flight.